The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is critical in fulfilling and advancing SCES’s mission of delivering exceptional care and community-based support to our clients and communities so that our clients can live independently and with dignity in the setting of their choice for as long as possible. They provide brand management support and assist with implementing marketing, public relations, advertising, and promotional strategies for the organization that enhance SCES’s reputation and promote positive relationships with government officials, public policymakers, state agencies, payers, donors, and other key stakeholders. Able to execute high-quality work under tight deadlines, with strong attention to detail and minimal supervision.
Job Responsibilities and Performance Standards:
- Research, develop, and implement marketing plans
- Maintain promotional and content publication calendars
- Assist with promotional event planning and support events (virtual or in-person)
- Maintain and develop websites (eldercare.org and www.adultfamilycare.org )
- Assist with the development of content and scheduling of social media posts
- Media relations and activities, including writing press releases and media alerts, maintaining a digital news archive and participating in strategic communications efforts
- Photography and videography (including editing and working with external vendors)
- Research and estimates
- Develop and promote a clear brand image
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including government and public policy officials, community leaders, and media representatives
- Monitor and analyze public opinion and legislative developments that may impact the organization’s operations, funding, or public image. This is not limited to state budgets, new legislation, or new state and federal rules and appropriations
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure consistent messaging and alignment with the organization’s goals, values, and advocacy priorities
- SCES email and All Hands Meeting communications support with content, design, and layout
- eNewsletter content, design and layout
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders in evaluating and improving our CRM system, including developing internal systems to support the collection and input of data
Brand Management and Graphic Design
- Maintain an understanding of SCES’s and AFC’s brand guidelines, product-specific messaging, and brand procedures
- Design and develop collateral materials with brand fidelity using the appropriate tools (Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, etc..)
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices and make recommendations for continuous improvement or procurement of new brand management tools
- Translate complex issues into understandable messages that resonate with key audiences and stakeholders, including verbal presentations, publications, and media engagement
- Collaborate with outside vendors when necessary to create advertisements, design marketing campaigns, and develop social media posts to engage potential supporters
- Develop a social media engagement strategy and support
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitch, TikTok, YouTube
- Google AdWords nonprofit account support
- Digital advertising support
- Content management and video cataloging
Performs other duties as assigned to further organizational priorities and goals.
Professional Standards and Conduct:
- Collaborative and Responsive: An extraordinary partner and liaison to all SCES’s departments to meet their marketing and communication needs. Regularly communicate, follow up, and use a team-driven approach. Respond thoughtfully and promptly to agency needs, requests, and inquiries; identify and build partnerships with key stakeholders. Has excellent organizational and time management skills to meet various deadlines, ensuring closed-loop communication, multi-tasking, and maintaining flexibility to adapt and adjust workload assignments based on various needs.
- Communication: Outstanding writing skills across various formats, including messaging, persuasive writing, op-eds, media materials, and newsletters. Demonstrate the ability to communicate complex information in various ways to meet diverse styles and cultural backgrounds. Manage positive relationships with community members, public officials, community and industry leaders, and other stakeholders.
- Analytical: Demonstrated ability to remain updated on relevant industry and technological advancements in marketing and communication tools and strategies. Develop internal and external communications strategies using data and storytelling to inform continuous improvement and decision-making. Ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; problem-solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness.
- Attendance and Punctuality: Dependable, punctual, showing flexibility when needed. Attend meetings as needed and is fully present and participate during those meetings. Available to participate in events that may occur outside regular business hours.
- Commitment: Embody SCES’s core values show integrity, accountability, and professionalism in all interactions. Aid in furthering SCES’s mission and commitment to an inclusive environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Political Science, or a related field. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of directly relevant marketing and communications experience.
- Experience managing social media and website presence. Ability to make the necessary updates to websites and other communication platforms in alignment with the organization’s marketing and communication strategy.
- Fluency in digital engagement strategies, paid advertisement, and creative services.
- Strong working knowledge of Office 365 Suites, CRM, social-media engagement strategies, and website development is required. In-depth knowledge of data analysis and project management software packages to measure performance and outcomes is strongly preferred.
- Fluency in the principles and practices of fundraising, event planning, advocacy engagement, public affairs, communication, and project management.
- Bi-lingual candidate strongly preferred.
- Must meet both CORI/SORI and public health screening requirements.
- Physical surroundings are comfortable with minimal exposure to injury or hazards.
- Occasional stress due to periodic or cyclical workload pressures and deadlines. Some interruptions involved.
- Frequently sits, stands, walks, bends, reaches, and stoops throughout the day.
- Frequently lifts, pulls, pushes, and carries up to 20 lbs.
- Periodic eye strain and light ear strain.