The Protective Services Supervisor determines eligibility for protective services, provides casework, and coordinates services to elders determined to be suffering from a reportable condition of abuse as defined in 651 CMR 5.02(31). In addition, the PSS assists the PS Director with administrative support and provides supervision to staff.
- Screens reports or referrals of alleged abuse, neglect, and financial exploitation, providing immediate direct assistance when appropriate
- Provides protective and other services including petitions for Protective Orders and/or Guardianship through the courts, and refers severe abuse situations to the District Attorney
- Provides ongoing casework for elders and their families with the goal of preventing abuse and/or neglect and provides information and education about elder abuse and Protective Services to staff and community providers
- Supervises the daily operations of the PS team according to Agency and program regulations and guidelines when PS Director is unavailable
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We require full COVID-19 vaccinations according to CDC regulations.
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Somerville, MA 02143
Your Life, Your Way, At Home. We’re a non-profit elder services agency dedicated to helping people maintain independence and well-being at home by providing services, supports, and information. Join us!