Somerville-Cambridge Elder Services (SCES) is committed to helping the people we serve throughout this emergency, and we are taking steps to safeguard the health and well-being of our clients and staff.
The agency is working with state and local stakeholders to balance delivery of essential services with precautions that reduce exposure. As a result of those discussions, SCES is taking the following measures:
- Providing supports and services via telephone whenever possible
- Implementing new state and federal protocols to reduce risk of exposure for circumstances where in-person support is necessary
- Our meals delivery and in-office staff all wear masks when working. Our providers have the same standards and have conveyed to us their staff is using masks when working with clients
- Replacing congregate meals at affordable housing sites with home delivered meals
- Reaching out to isolated older adults to reduce loneliness
- Helping ensure food security through increased meal delivery, extra frozen and shelf-stable meals, and increased grocery deliveries.
- Brown Bag and Kate’s Café are postponed until further notice
This list will be updated as new information becomes available. The SCES offices will remain open during regular business hours, with most staff working remotely. For that reason, we ask that people requiring assistance call or use email, instead of visiting in-person.
Many older adults are facing nutrition challenges as a result of the pandemic. If you are 60 or older and would like to receive Meals on Wheels, please call 617-628-2601 or email email@example.com.
- We are requiring employees and volunteers who feel sick to stay home
- We are requiring staff to work from home, if possible
- We are encouraging staff to practice healthy spacing, by maintaining a distance of six feet from other people
Somerville-Cambridge Elder Services will adopt additional measures as needed. We are committed to keeping the people we serve healthy and safe, through providing supports and services that support independence for older adults, caregivers, and people with disabilities.
For more information, please call 617-628-2601 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.