Somerville Cambridge Elder Services (SCES) is providing farmers’ market coupons for eligible participants starting early-July, 2021.
Coordinated through the Massachusetts Department of Agriculture, the program provides income eligible older adults with $25 in coupon vouchers to purchase locally grown produce at participating farmers’ markets. Coupons can be used to purchase fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs, and honey.
For more information on how to receive the coupons, please call the Nutrition Department at Somerville Cambridge Elder Services at 617-628-2601. Coupons are limited and available while supplies last. If coupons run out, applicants may request to be put on a waiting list.
- Coupons are accepted by participating farmers’ market stands. Look for a green and white “Farmers Market Coupons Accepted” sign. Many farmers’ markets also accept SNAP benefits (Food Stamps) and may even double the value.
- The total coupon book is worth $25, each coupon voucher is worth $2.50, no change can be given for voucher purchases.
- Coupons expire Oct. 31, 2021.
- One coupon book per eligible person each year.
- Applicants must be 60 years or older, or under 60 disabled living in elderly housing with a Congregate meal program.
- Residents of Somerville and Cambridge only
- Meet the following income eligibility:
|# in household||Monthly pre-tax income is less than or equal to|
SCES also provides several year-round programs dedicated to supporting nutrition, including Meals on Wheels, nutrition counseling and reduced-cost nutrition supplements.
For more information about SCES Nutrition programs, contact the SCES Aging Information Center at 617-628-2601 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Somerville-Cambridge Elder Services is a non-profit agency that supports the independence and well-being of older adults in Somerville and Cambridge. SCES is an equal opportunity provider.